I've posted a few pictures of some Baby Showers that were thrown for me in Elizabeth's honor. I had two showers at school. One was a surprise shower thrown for me by my room parents and students. They got me balloons, a cake, a cute Mother Goose book- which all of the students autographed for me, and a really adorable stuffed puppy dog that lights up, sings, and talks. That same day (June 3rd), my 2nd grade team threw me a shower at school. I knew about this one. I was spoiled by the teachers at school. My team bought us the Pack-and-Play that we registered for, and other teachers bought us gift cards, towels, baby shampoo, baby lotion, toys, etc. That was a fun day at school, and I will never forget how generous everybody was. We trully don't feel like we deserve any of the attention and/or the gift-giving that people have bestowed upon us. We feel so very blessed!
Here is the dining room table covered with the gifts I received at school and my balloons.
I placed the balloons in Elizabeth's soon-to-be crib. Those are actually balloons for her, and every time I walk in the nursery, I just smile when I see them.
The Pack-'n-Play that my 2nd grade team generously bought for us. It's adorable!!!! We can't wait to try it out!!!!
I am working on Elizabeth's baby book, and one of the pages asks for a picture of the house that Elizabeth will be living in. So I went outside and snapped a picture of Elizabeth's first home. It is such a pretty picture of the house, that I just had to add it to the blog.
This is a picture of me on the last day of school with the kids. I am 35 weeks pregnant in this photo. The students haven't even arrived at school yet, and already you can tell that I am tired!
On Saturday, June 12th, a good friend of the family (her name is Jill Flink) threw me a shower. I invited everyone from both sides of the family, a few friends from college, a few friends from Raleigh, and all the women from the airplane pilot society that we belong to. A lot of the guests I had invited lived out-of-town or were out-of-town for the day (soooo many graduations, vacations, etc.), so the shower was nice and cozy!! Everyone seemed to have a really good time and I felt so loved. Jordan and I do not feel like we deserve any of this attention or the presents- and we were so blessed by our friends and family. Jill was an amazing hostess, the food was simply wonderful, and the company was grand!! I will never forget such a sweet, sweet day.
Here are two pictures of me with the grandmas-to-be. My mom is on the right and Jordan's mom is on the left.
When Jill sent out my baby shower invitations, she placed pieces of fabric in each envelope and asked everyone invited to make a quilt square for Baby Elizabeth. They were to mail or bring the quilt square to the shower, and she would sew it together into one big quilt. Here are a few of the quilt squares that were at the shower. They ALL turned out sooo cute and I cannot wait to see what the quilt looks like at the end.
Jill (the terrific hostess) by the quilt squares! This ended up being such a great idea!
The grandmas-to-be talking at the shower. The conversation must have been serious (judging by the looks on their faces). My mom is on the left and Jordan's mom is on the right.
Me with my friends Ashley (on the left) and Heide (on the right).
A picture of me with some of the ladies:
Roxanna, Judy, and Jill! This day was Roxanna's anniversary! Happy Anniversary Joe and Roxanna!
Jill made a wonderful sit-down lunch for my shower. She is known for being an amazing cook, and of course- as always- the food was DELICIOUS!!!! She had the house so nicely decorated too. I felt like I was in Baby Land!
Jill decided to carve a cantelope into a basket. She also carved the word "baby" into the handle of the cantelope basket. So creative!
The dessert table. Everything on this table was to die for!
Jill had a few games for us to play at the shower. They were lots of fun! This is a picture of a really cute napkin. On the inside of the napkin was a survey for the guests to fill out and to ask the mom-to-be.

Here is a picture of me with all of my gifts! I am making that face because Elizabeth was kicking hard, and it kind of hurt.
Another picture of me with all the gifts!

My mom and Jill!
Judy and Leslie!

Ashley! She's not a member of the airplane pilot group we belong to, but her hubby and my hubby were friends before we got married. Ashley was very sweet to come to my shower, because that day was her 6-year wedding anniversary with her hubby. Happy Anniversary Eric and Ashley!!!!
Heide and Helen!

Here is the car seat that our friends Heide, Wayne, Helen, Mort, Roxanna, Joe, Gary, and Judy purchased for us. I was so surprised!


Here are a few more photos of some of the things I received. Bath treads! How cute!

My friend Debbie made Elizabeth this adorable bumblebee dress! I can't wait to try it on her!
An adorable picture frame!

And a sweet, little monkey that lights up. Perfect for our soon-to-be little monkey!

My mom is a master at making quilts. A few days after we found out that Elizabeth was going to be a girl, I asked my mom if she'd make me a wall hanging. Since Elizabeth's nursery is a African Safari theme- she made me (well ok, Elizabeth) a quilt (which will be used as a wall hanging for now) that has little African rondovals (sp?) on it. It is precious and very gorgeous!
Elizabeth received lots of pretty little outfits! Our little girl will be stylin'!
A precious baby basket full of bath time goodies. It was too pretty to open at the Shower. This was from Jordan's (and my) sister in-law, Terisa!



Today I hope to get Jordan to hang up so pictures for me in the nursery, so I can take pictures and then post them to the blog this week. Stay tuned!
We played two more games. One I don't really remember the name of, but you had to look at what you were wearing and based on what you were wearing you either got to add points and/or take points away. It was hilarious! Another game we played was Bingo. I didn't end up winning- but I'm really, really ok with that! Someone else deserved to win. This was a fun game to play!
Speaking of people who won- Judy was one of the winners of one of the games!
Speaking of people who won- Judy was one of the winners of one of the games!
Here is a picture of me with all of my gifts! I am making that face because Elizabeth was kicking hard, and it kind of hurt.
Judy and Leslie!
Ashley! She's not a member of the airplane pilot group we belong to, but her hubby and my hubby were friends before we got married. Ashley was very sweet to come to my shower, because that day was her 6-year wedding anniversary with her hubby. Happy Anniversary Eric and Ashley!!!!
Here is the car seat that our friends Heide, Wayne, Helen, Mort, Roxanna, Joe, Gary, and Judy purchased for us. I was so surprised!
Me opening up the car seat.
The car seat is part of the travel system that we registered for. We LOVE it!
Here are a few more photos of some of the things I received. Bath treads! How cute!
My friend Debbie made Elizabeth this adorable bumblebee dress! I can't wait to try it on her!
And a sweet, little monkey that lights up. Perfect for our soon-to-be little monkey!
My mom is a master at making quilts. A few days after we found out that Elizabeth was going to be a girl, I asked my mom if she'd make me a wall hanging. Since Elizabeth's nursery is a African Safari theme- she made me (well ok, Elizabeth) a quilt (which will be used as a wall hanging for now) that has little African rondovals (sp?) on it. It is precious and very gorgeous!
This is a picture of the car loaded up and ready to go after the Shower. My friends blessed me with so many wonderful, helpful gifts!!!! I am so spoiled. Thank you!!!!
Today I hope to get Jordan to hang up so pictures for me in the nursery, so I can take pictures and then post them to the blog this week. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment