I don't know if I'll ever be as good of a gardener as my dad and his family. My Grandpa Halder's garden in Zimbabwe was phenomenal! WOW! My dad's garden is equally impressive, and I'm always thankful when he gives me tips, gives me plants, and/or makes suggestions as to what plants would do well in our yard. My mother in-law is also a very impressive gardener. She has been good to me by sharing plants with me. I'm definitely a beginner, and my love of plants is growing stronger each year.
Here are a few pictures of a few of my favorite plants both inside and outside our house.
Jordan gave me an orchid last year (February 2008) for St. Valentine's day. It was really pretty and it bloomed for a long time. After it stopped blooming last year, I "googled" how to take care of an orchid, and got some tips. The orchid seemed to enjoy the kitchen window that faced the East sun. I decided to keep in there and see if it would grow new blooms. I never thought it would happen, and I secretly wished and prayed with all my heart that it would and guess what...it did! It has 15 blooms on it. The fourteenth bud opened up today, so only one more bud to go before it has completely blossomed. In fact it has so many blooms on it, that I was afraid the stem would break, and have rigged up the stem to prevent that from happening. I guess I can make a plant live. :)
This rose has been in our garden since we moved in. I think it gets prettier and prettier each year. I wish I knew the name of it, so I could get a few more to plant around the yard.
I received this Knock-Out rose this past August for my 28th birthday from my in-laws. It seems to be enjoying the garden. Yes, I know this isn't a very pretty shot, but it would have been a few days ago! Too bad, I didn't take pictures sooner.
Last, but not least, are the Dutch Irises that my dad gave me. They look like plants on steroids. They seem to be doing well, and are very pretty too.
Well, we hope you are well, and would love to hear from you. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment