Monday, September 01, 2008

Birthday Celebrations!!!!

This past Thursday (August 28th), was my birthday. I turned 28 years old. It is my "golden birthday". My mom called to tell me that it is also my reverse birthday, as I was born 8-28-80 and Thursday's date was 8-28-08. The 80 flipped to 08. Funny huh?! Anyways, it has been a terrific birthday weekend, FULL of celebrating. I cannot tell you how honored I am to have so many people celebrating my birthday. I try to be the best wife, daughter, sister, niece, cousin, daughter in-law, sorority-sister, teacher, and friend that I can be, but I really don't think I could do that without having wonderful people in my life to guide me.

I will give you a break-down of the birthday festivities that happened over the past few days. I will treasure these birthday memories forever!

Thursday, August 28th (THE day!):

I woke up to find a Post-It note, from Jordan, stuck to the bathroom mirror that said "Happy Birthday! I love you!". What an awesome way to wake-up. Jordan always does a terrific job showing me how much he loves me every day. I'm such a spoiled wife!






I go to work, and find a bunch of candy and a sweet card from my friend Vicky.



My 2nd grade team threw me a surprise birthday breakfast birthday party! Heather made some yummy blueberry and apple cinnamon muffins. Mmmm! We washed those down with some boxes of apple juice. It was so scrumptious! I LOVE my girls!

My students surprise me by singing "Happy Birthday" and shower me with lots of love. My old second graders (from last year) also shower me with affection throughout the day. I miss those kids. Honest I do!

I get home from work, and then Jordan comes home. He gives me an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. We eat some and then head off to our weekly Thursday night dinner with our friends from GRAPES (Greater Raleigh Airplane Enthusiast Society) at IHOP in Garner. I am surprised with another HUGE chocolate birthday cake. I eat dinner, and then towards the end as we are all eating the cake, Jordan tells the waitress its my birthday. The staff at IHOP starts clapping and they gave me a huge ice cream sundae!

Birthday cake from Jordan:


Birthday cake from friends at GRAPES:



By the way, I also got sunflowers from my mother in-law. They were so beautiful and lasted litte over a week! Sunflowers are some of my favorite flowers. I guess that's because I looked at them a lot when I lived in Kansas.






Friday, August 29th:

We went out to eat with my parents to an Indian restaurant.

Saturday, August 30th:

Jordan takes me out to eat at Neomonde's Mediterranian restaurant in Raleigh.

Sunday, August 31st:

We spent the day at the Normark's airport/weekend home. Later that afternoon, my parents, the Coveys (friends of our family), Jordan, and my in-laws celebrate my birthday again! My parents brought over another birthday cake! There were lots of presents and yummy food! I am trully spoiled!





So now that I am ending this post, I just want to say....Thank you so much to everyone that came out to celebrate my "golden" birthday. I will never forget these past few days! I hope I can remember how to cook, as I haven't cooked in the past four nights. :) Thanks again y'all!!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

'ya think you had enough birthday cakes !! wow. i think you are loved !!
we so enjoyed games and dinna last nite!