Saturday, August 09, 2008

Wedding Anniversary Memories & Gifts

It has been a very special week for Jordan and I. This past Tuesday, August 5th, we celebrated our 2-year anniversary. We cannot believe that it has been two whole years already! That evening we went out to eat at a sushi restaurant called Mura at North Hills in North Raleigh. The food was great, the restaurant was hip and "swanky", and the wait staff was wonderful. We had a terrific 2-year anniversary date. :-) That night was just the start of a special week for us. Some of you probably can remember that we got married at Devil's Ridge Country Club in Holly Springs, NC. Our wedding was beautiful, and the people that helped us coordinate our wedding at Devil's Ridge were fabulous! I've never met such a nicer bunch of people. Any and every time I have walked into that country club, I have been treated like royalty- and my parents are not even members!!!! Anyways, last night, Friday, August 8th, my parents took us back to Devil's Ridge Country Club for an anniversary celebration dinner. For us, it was like stepping back in time to our wedding day. Both Jordan and I were in awe of the place and it felt like we were getting married all over again. It was GREAT! Plus, the food was excellent! Now, I do have a story. A few weeks after Jordan and I got married, and I was back at work on the first day of school with my students...the chef, who prepared the food for our wedding reception, walked into MY classroom with his son, Joey. Joey was going to be one of my students! Chef Spagnolo remembered who I was, and I, of course, remembered who he was! Joey turned out to be a great student. He was very kind, and extremely bright! His parents turned out to be amazing as well. They are the type of amazing parents that every teacher asks for. Anyways, to make a long story short- Joey's dad (Chef Spagnolo who is the head chef at Devil's Ridge) kept begging me to come back to Devil's Ridge to eat. Well, I never took him up on his offer- but last night he found out that we were coming to eat dinner, and he waited around until we got there before heading home. He bought our meals, gave us a bottle of wine, and sent out free appetizers just for us! The food was amazing, of course, but I honestly could not believe how magnificent Chef Spagnolo made both last night and our wedding night for us! We are in awe of how gracious he was. We were definitely touched!!!! Anyways, here are some pictures of Jordan and I posing by the exact spot where Pastor Ingold pronounced us husband and wife two years ago!



Today, Saturday, August 9th, was also a special anniversary moment. Jordan has always wanted to ride in a sail plane (aka glider) every since I have known him. Every time we have flown to Harnett County Airport, and he sees the gliders, he has always said to me, "I want to do that someday!". Well today, his dream finally came true. I got in contact with one of the members from the glider/sail plane club that meets at Harnett Co. Airport and arranged for us to meet them today, so Jordan could fly a sail plane. It was one of his anniversary gifts from me (besides the giant chocolate chip cookie cake). He had a terrific time and the group of men that do this are just absolutely wonderful! Jordan was able to glide/sail for about 25 minutes. Not bad! It was quite a treat for me to watch my handsome pilot soar in the sky! Especially since he picked out a spectacular pair of sapphire earrings for me as my anniversary present! Even when I told him not to buy me anything. He's so thoughtful and such a loving man. I truly don't deserve him! This sail plane/glider present was the least I could do for him.

No comments: