The first ones are of our soon-to-be new puppy when she was only 1-week old. (I know you all think she's just a dog, but for now she is my baby. I don't have any human babies to snuggle up to at the moment, and we probably won't have our babies until I am done with getting my national certification in education.) Anyways, this was the first day we saw her, and it was quite the day. When we went to go see her, I had just had my gallbladder taken out 48 hours before and we had also just gotten back from attending Jordan's grandma's funeral, as well as having lunch with his extended family. I honestly was NOT feeling very well, and felt like I had no strength- especially after trying to eat a bowl of Brunswick Stew- which I only had a few measly bites of. Jordan felt bad for me, and when we got home, he expected me to lie down. However, on the way to take a snooze, I found Arlene's number (the poodle breeder) that our friend Heide had given me the night before at the wake, and I decided to call her. She told us that we could go look at the puppies that afternoon. I was SO excited and asked Jordan if we could go. He knew that would put a smile on my face, and being the extremely sweet husband that he is, said "Yes!". So we headed out to my in-laws (they wanted to see the puppies as well) and then we headed out to Dunn, NC where we got to spend an entire afternoon visiting Tina and her 2 sisters and 1 brother. Her sisters are the white puppies, her brother is the champagne puppy, and Tina is of course the black one (again she is a phantom though- but her brown markings hadn't showed yet). I apologize for the way I looked. Again- I had just had surgery less than 48 hours and didn't have a great day the day before- so I was very, very weak.





The other pictures are of us at "Sentimental Journey" in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania looking at/exploring a cave and then at a rest stop looking out at the mountains. I also took one of some Amish girls that came up to get a tour of the cave. I have never seen an Amish person with their buggy, so this was interesting. Anyways, Lock Haven was great! It seriously was an amazing trip and I'm so glad that we got to go!





Well we hope y'all have a wonderful 4th of July! We are going to go watch fireworks at Regency Park in Cary, NC with both sets of parents. Then on July 5th through the 8th we will be staying at the family condo on Wrightsville Beach. We cannot wait! First off- I love the beach, however this beach is my favorite beach in North Carolina. We hope to have some great pictures for you when we get back. Then I'm off to Texas with my mom to see my brother, Brian, for a few days and then when I return we will bring Tina home. Yay! Have a terrific 4th of July!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment