Friday, June 27, 2008

Lock Haven, Pennsylvania

So this past weekend we went to a long weekend Fly-In in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania. It is where the Piper aircraft company started out before their headquarters were moved to somewhere in Florida. Jordan and his dad flew out on Thursday (June 19th) in one of the family airplanes and his mom and I drove 10 hours up to see them, as well as haul the camping gear. We camped up there until Sunday (June 22nd)- which is the day we left. We had such an amazing time there! Lock Haven is unbelievably gorgeous! The town of Lock Haven is nestled in a valley with the Appalachian Mountains surrounding it. The Susquehanna River flows around the town too. We camped out at the airport. It was a lot of fun! I personally haven't camped in an actual tent since I was in middle school. I was a little scared of the idea at first (I'll be honest- I don't like roughing it), but it turned out to be a blast!!!! It did end up raining on us a couple of times, but it was no big deal. Our brand new Coleman tent held up throughout the storms....and trust me there were some storms where it would pour down rain! We brought the camera along, but as luck would have it, we didn't take any pictures of us. We just took a picture of this plane (I think it's called a Wildcat) which was used in I believe World War II. I'm not sure. I'll have to double-check with Jordan. Anyways, we had a great time and besides seeing just a whole bunch of really neat lookin' airplanes, we also got to see some Amish people (whom I've never seen-except on television) and a cave.

Below is the picture of the plane that I had mentioned earlier. It was so cool looking!!!!


No comments: