We (well to be honest- I) just wanted to add another furry friend/child to our family. I never wanted a second dog, until we went to visit a friend on Easter day who had a toy poodle named Stephanie. Stephanie was so well behaved! She didn't bark, she didn't jump up on me, she never growled or bit, and she didn't smell! I was so impressed that I instantly fell head over heels for her and asked our friend Heide where she got her dog. To make a long story short, Heide told me the name of the breeder, and here I am today getting ready to take my little girl home in a few weeks. By the way, she is my birthday/anniversary/Christmas present all rolled into one. I told Jordan that he wasn't going to have to shop for me this year, which is something he is happy with. :)
We've named our puppy Tina- after Tina Turner. Our other animals are named after musicians, and so I decided I liked the name Tina. Tina is a toy poodle and she is what the poodle breeders call a black phantom- which means she has some brownish/red markings on her underside, a little bit on her face, and on her paws. For example: a doberman pincher and a rottweiler are considered phantoms, because they are black but have brownish-red markings on their undersides, paws, and face.
My mom and I went to Dunn to go visit her yesterday afternoon. Tina is sooooooooo cute! Right now she is 4 weeks old, and we won't bring her home until around July 9th when she is eight weeks old. Her eyes are fully open, and her teeth are barely starting to break through her gums. She kept sticking her tongue out when we were holding her. At one point, she fell asleep in my arms. I happend to look down at her and saw that her eyes were shut, and her tongue was sticking out. It was hilarious. Only a mom could love that face. My mom and I had such a good time playing with her and her littermates.
Here are a few pictures that I took of Tina yesterday. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment