Saturday, May 17, 2008

May Updates

Hello everyone!

So what have the Normarks been up to so far? Well, we've been up to a lot. Here is our latest news:

At the end of April we bought another house, so Jordan can fix it up and sell it (aka "Flip-It"). He's been working non-stop around the clock on it, and although I sometimes feel neglected (not really) he's doing a spectacular job on it! I will have to post pictures up on our next blog. The really nice thing about the house is, its down the road from us (a 10 minute walk), so Presley (the dog) and I get to go see the house often during our afternoon workouts. So yes, even though my sweetie pie spends a lot of time over there, we do get to see him. Also, the house is in the "Joyner Elementary" district (the school I work at), which is a very nice thing for us because Joyner really is a terrific school! FYI: The reason Jordan spends so much time over there is because we want to flip this house as soon as possible.

Last weekend our little niece and friends from Florida came to Raleigh. We got to spend last Saturday evening with them at Jordan's parents' airport house. Here are some cute photos of Jordan playing with Natalie, going fishing with her, and then pulling her daddy in a boat around the pond. It was so much fun to see Ellen, Eric, and their daughter (our niece) Natalie that weekend. Such a great time!




This Monday (May 19th), I get my gallbladder removed at 12:30pm at the WakeMed hospital in Cary. My surgeon requested that I take one week of school off, or he won't release me back to work, so next week I am taking the entire week off of school. Of course, I'm sure I will be in a little pain, but not to worry. I'm sure they will give me painkillers.

Now on a sad note: Jordan's grandmother (the one we celebrated her 100th birthday with last month) passed away yesterday Friday, May 16th at around 2:30pm. Grandma Bullock was a wonderful lady. I never really got to know her, as she had dementia, but when we did go see her she was always pleasant and friendly to be around. She always had a smile on her face and her eyes always twinkled. I am honored to be her granddaughter in-law, and I have always been touched that Jordan gave me her engagement ring and wedding ring when he proposed and married me. They are the most beautiful rings I have ever seen and mean more to me than any other piece of jewelry that I own or will ever own. Although I did not know her very well, Grandma Bullock was a beautiful woman both inside and out. I know that she is looking down on us from Heaven.



1 comment:

Ashley said...

So sorry for your loss of Jordan's g'ma.
Good to know what' s going on with you guys. love, ashley