Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Surgery Update

Hey there!

Just wanted to give you an update on my surgery.

Everything went just great yesterday! My surgery was supposed to be at 12:30 yesterday, however they didn't get me into the room until 1:30. For my first "major" surgery, it wasn't that bad at all. I did end up getting sick to my stomach on the way out of the hospital, but as soon as I was over being sick, I started feeling a LOT better!!!! The pain isn't too bad. My abdomen area doesn't really hurt, but my right shoulder does (it's from the gas they pumped inside me). I'm only taking about one painkiller every couple of hours, and the nice thing is, my medicine isn't making me drowsy or sick. It just makes the pain a little easier to deal with. As soon as we got home yesterday afternoon (around 5 pm) I went to bed. Then at around 7:00ish, I actually started getting up and walking around. I was even able to eat some jello and a little homemade chicken noodle soup that my mom made me. (My mom is the best!!!!) Anyways, I had lots of visitors yesterday with me at the hospital and a lot of phone calls afterwards, which made me feel very loved. My Jordan, my mom, and my mother in-law all went with me to WakeMed and kept me company. Then last night my dad (who is out-of-town on business), my Aunt Darlene, my Aunt Laurie, our good friend Ellen, and my brother called to see how I was. I have an amazing family and I am also married to an amazing family!!!! I just couldn't be more thankful for all my friends and family! I couldn't have asked for a better life!

Anyways about my gallbladder. Apparently it was diseased after all, which is a good thing because I was a little nervous about getting it removed since all my tests came back showing that my gallbladder was normal. I guess my GI doctor and my surgeon do know what they were talking about! My gallbladder was (as the doctor said) was gummy and had adhesions on it. Ick! Glad that thing is out and I hope that makes all of my stomach problems go away.

Well I'm going to go lay back down now. Just wanted to give y'all an update and thank everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. You are all wonderful people! Thanks for being in my life.

No comments: