Here is our little girl on the day she turned one. My mom took Lizzie and I out to lunch to celebrate. She was in an adorable little birthday outfit, but during lunch she soaked herself with her water. Therefore when we got home, I changed her so she wouldn't be wet during her nap.
Posing for her 12-month/1-year picture.
Jordan and I planned Lizzie's 1st birthday on the 23rd. I had to make vegan cupcakes for Lizzie and I since Lizzie is allergic to cow's milk.
I've been taking cake decorating classes at the local AC Moore. Here are Lizzie's cupcakes.

I made a "normal" cake for everyone else to eat. Here is what the cake looked like at 9pm on the 22nd (Which is funny, because a year ago at this time- I was on my way to delivering this sweet, little girl of ours).

I bought Lizzie a few hair clips from this lady that I used to teach with. Since they were part of her birthday gifts from us, I decided to be creative and put them in the center of the cake as part of the cake's decorations.

Jordan helped me decorate the house. Here is a picture of the "Happy 1st Birthday" banner and the flowers I bought for Lizzie.

A party wouldn't be complete without balloons!
Balloons on the mailbox.

Opening a few presents from her Aunt Terisa & Uncle Jonathan. So glad they could make it!


Here is the birthday girl. A very tired birthday girl.

Here are a few pictures of us giving Lizzie her birthday cupcake. She has not been allowed to eat sugar until this moment. She was also very tired, as she only had one nap the entire day. Did she eat the cupcake? Ummm....NO!



Not so sure about the singing.
I made a "normal" cake for everyone else to eat. Here is what the cake looked like at 9pm on the 22nd (Which is funny, because a year ago at this time- I was on my way to delivering this sweet, little girl of ours).
I bought Lizzie a few hair clips from this lady that I used to teach with. Since they were part of her birthday gifts from us, I decided to be creative and put them in the center of the cake as part of the cake's decorations.
Jordan helped me decorate the house. Here is a picture of the "Happy 1st Birthday" banner and the flowers I bought for Lizzie.
A party wouldn't be complete without balloons!
Balloons on the mailbox.
Opening a few presents from her Aunt Terisa & Uncle Jonathan. So glad they could make it!
Here is the birthday girl. A very tired birthday girl.
Here are a few pictures of us giving Lizzie her birthday cupcake. She has not been allowed to eat sugar until this moment. She was also very tired, as she only had one nap the entire day. Did she eat the cupcake? Ummm....NO!
Not so sure about the singing.
After the attempt at the cupcake- we decided to have Lizzie open her gifts. Here is a picture of Lizzie and I with her gifts. Yes, I am wearing her birthday hat.



This is a picture of Lizzie opening up her present from my brother- Lizzie's Uncle Brian. Last year he went to Saudi Arabia for his work. He was there for about a month. He happened to be traveling there while I was getting ready to give birth to Elizabeth. During his stay there, he bought Lizzie this stuffed camel. He gave it to her this year for her first birthday. Lizzie is starting to get interested in stuffed animals, so this gift is perfect! It has so much meaning behind it too! Since the camel is from Saudi Arabia- we have named him "Allah".
This is a picture of Lizzie opening up her present from my brother- Lizzie's Uncle Brian. Last year he went to Saudi Arabia for his work. He was there for about a month. He happened to be traveling there while I was getting ready to give birth to Elizabeth. During his stay there, he bought Lizzie this stuffed camel. He gave it to her this year for her first birthday. Lizzie is starting to get interested in stuffed animals, so this gift is perfect! It has so much meaning behind it too! Since the camel is from Saudi Arabia- we have named him "Allah".
2 comments:
I would love the recipe to your cupcakes. Lizzie is so cute by the way. Happy birthday Lizzie!
So fun to catch up on the first bday party for Miss Lizzie!
Post a Comment