Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Normark Update!

Here we are- a Normark update! I apologize for not updating our blog in over a month, however our camera's software and our new computer were not getting along. Luckily, Jordan (who has more patience than me) came to the rescue and fixed the problem. So here I am, updating our blog. I hope to update with more recent photos during my Spring Break.


This is what I looked like a few weeks ago- when I was 20 weeks pregnant. I am currently 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant- and I am hoping Jordan will take another round of pregnancy photos on Monday when I am 25 weeks pregnant. I am feeling great, and really, really hope that I continue to feel that way!




A lot has been going on with us Normarks lately. Jordan has been busy, busy, busy with our "new" apartment complex, I've been busy teaching 7 and 8 year olds, and we've both been busy with our latest project: Baby Elizabeth's nursery!
A few years ago, we painted the "guest bedroom that never was" a goldish-yellow color. When we found out I was pregnant back in November we decided to leave the wall color as is for Baby Normark. The night before our last ultrasound in February, (the one that told us whether Baby Normark was a boy or a girl), we put up the crib and changing table. The weekend after we found out that our little girl was a GIRL, my mom came over with a bag of quilts that she had made in hopes of having grandchildren some day. My mom and I looked through all of her beautiful quilts, and I selected two that I absolutely fell in love with and will go well in Elizabeth's room. I took a few pictures of Elizabeth's nursery to show the progress being made. Now, to be honest, the last time I took pictures of her soon-to-be nursery, was a few weeks ago back in February. There are a few more items in her room since then, such as her future cradle (which my Uncle Jimmy made for me when I was born, and my brother and all my cousins after me slept in), a glider and an ottoman that we bought off Craigslist, and a few wicker baskets that I bought to keep things organized on the changing table. There are also more items to come such as a rug, an African wall hanging that my mom is making, an old wall hanging that my mom made me when I was little, and a chest of drawers. There is still so much to do!

Anyways, here are the photos of Baby Elizabeth's nursery under construction:

This is a needle-point artwork that Momma Normark made for Jordan when he was a baby. It's staying in Elizabeth's nursery because I thought it would be fun to decorate her room using some of the things we had when we were babies.


This past Christmas, my mom gave Baby Normark a present- A colorful puppy-dog. This stuffed animal is so, so cute and very, very soft. I've put the puppy-dog in Elizabeth's crib so it doesn't get disturbed by a possibly jealous toy poodle.



One of the quilts that my mom made. Elizabeth most likely use this one on her toddler bed, as it's a little big for her crib.


This is the other gorgeous quilt that my mom made. Elizabeth will probably get to use this one in her crib during the winter.



A picture of our changing table. I have purchased four wicker baskets to fit on its shelves. I can't wait to put things in them.



A picture of the crib after the future daddy put it together. :)

Again, I apologize for not blogging in awhile. I will try to update with more recent photos very soon. Until then- Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ur nursery is looking so cute and bright and cheery! love it. and you have such the little cute baby bump!