We traveled up with Jordan's parents early Friday morning and came to Raleigh late Saturday night. We spent all day Friday at the Air and Space Museum in downtown Washington DC, as well as walked through the Museum of History, Museum of Natural Science, Museum of Art, and walked up to the Washington Monument. The sights we saw on Friday were fun and interesting.
Here are a few photos from Friday's adventures. I don't know how to get the photos to turn upright, so I apologize for y'all having to turn your head to look at some of them.
On Saturday we met the group at Udvar-Hazy to go on a group-tour, eat lunch, and then walk around by ourselves some more before returning home. We spent more than six hours at that museum. I am pretty sure that Jordan got his fill of airplanes. At least I hope he did! :) Some of the things we saw were: The Enola Gay (the airplane that dropped one of the atomic bombs on Japan), the Space Shuttle, the Concord, SR71, one of the first Boeing airliners, lots of WWI and WWII airplnes,
German aircraft, Japanese aircraft, engines of all kinds, lots of other airplanes, etc.
Here are a few of the photos from the museum:
No comments:
Post a Comment