Sunday, December 14, 2008

Merry Christmas! (2008)

Merrrrrry Christmas Y'all!

We finally bought our Christmas tree yesterday (Saturday). We, well let me change that- I, was thrilled to get it home and decorate it. We searched high and low at the Farmer's Market, and I was able to get the tree that I had in mind there. I love supporting the local farmers!

Anyways, here are some pictures of our tree, with a few other Christmas decorations that I have put up around the house. You'll have to excuse the blurriness of some. For some strange reason, a few came out blurry and I was standing perfectly still when I snapped them. Oh well. At least the camera still works for the most part! :)

**Please excuse our messy home! I was busy decorating the tree yesterday, and baking Christmas cookies/getting things ready for Jordan's Open House. I was basically running around like a mad woman, and didn't have time to finish decorating the tree before I had to leave for the Open House. We didn't get back home until after 9, which is when I continued decorating until 11 or so at night. I woke up at 8 this morning and took the pictures right then. So yeah- if you see papers on the dining room table and boxes out, it's because I haven't had time to clean it.

Oh and....

Merry Christmas Y'all!

Our beautiful tree. No, I didn't have time to put fake snow on it. :( Sorry Aunt Darlene! I still have your recipe though and plan to use it next year. Also, I know our ornaments aren't exactly coordinated, but they are ornaments that my parents, Jordan's parents, friends, family members, and my students have given us. I love them all and feel like I'm hurting someone's feelings if I don't put them all up.






The next objects you see are my Christmas pyramids, that are pretty common in Germany. The smaller one is one my dad brought me back from Germany one year. The larger one is a birthday gift that I got from my parents year ago. I love them. They're part of my German heritage. Again, excuse the papery mess on my dining room table. All those papers are part of my National Boards stuff. Also, I usually don't keep both pyramids on the dining room table. However, both are there because Jordan and I are in the middle of a Monopoly game and that is what is hogging up the coffee table at the moment.




These photos are of my decorations around the fireplace and of my nutcrackers/smokers. The large nutcracker by the fireplace was given to me by Jordan's aunt and uncle from his mom's side. The pilot nutcracker was given to Jordan from my parents for his birthday last year. My parents gave Jordan our "smoking pilot" (which is again a German thing) for his birthday this year. You put incense inside him and light it. Then you put his top back on and smoke will come through his mouth. It's cute and the incense smells pretty good too.





The last photos are of my poinsettia and my Nativity set (which my mom let me borrow and we've had since I was a very little girl). I love poinsettias and this one was so pretty in the store that I had to get it. As for the Nativity set, I love it and hope to find one just as nice someday (for my very own). I love the Lenox Nativity sets. They are stunning!


No comments: