Yesterday (Thanksgiving 2008), we spent our Thanksgiving with my parents, Jordan's parents, Wayne & Heide Milbauer, Gary & Judy Winter, Debbie Fink, Ellen, Eric, & Natalie Kaltenbacher, and the Coveys at the Covey's home. We have been spending our Thanksgiving with them since November 2005, and this was the last year that we will be spending it in Fuquay-Varina, because the Coveys will be moving this coming year to Florida. So next year, we may be spending Thanksgiving down in Florida. Who knows?!?
Anyways, as always our time spent with our family and close friends was wonderful! Everything we ate was delicious and the company was great. We were really excited to spend some quality time with the Kaltenbachers.
Here are some pictures from the day:
Jordan and I, of course, bought Natalie a couple of gifts just because we like to spoil her! I got Natalie an adorable, pink apron that had the Cinderella coach embroidered on it, as well as the phrase, "Once upon a time". Natalie LOVES the Disney princesses and helps her mom in the kitchen. One day when I was browsing William Sonoma, I came across it and had to buy it for her. Then a few days later, Uncle Jordan bought a couple of remote-controlled helicopters at Costco. Uncle Jordan kept one for himself, and gave Natalie the other one. I really don't know who was more excited about this particular gift, Natalie or her dad, Eric?!!!! Anywho- here is a cute picture of Natalie with her Uncle Jordan and the helicopter.
The Coveys requested that we bring Tina and Presley to Thanksgiving. That way their dog, Belle (the standard poodle), and their granddog, Wally (Ellen & Eric's dog) could play with our dogs. Plus, Ida May wanted her granddaughter, Natalie, to play with Tina. Because I am such a sucker for Natalie, I couldn't refuse, and so of course we brought the dogs. (Natalie LOVES Presley as well!) As soon as we walked in the door with Tina, Natalie snatched her up and carried her everywhere around the house. Natalie put Tina in her Disney Princesses tent, a stroller/shopping cart and wheeled her around, carried her around like a baby, and read stories to her! By the end of the day, Tina was so exhausted she went to sleep on my lap, as we drove back home. I really don't think Tina was too thrilled to be treated like a doll, but she was a good sport about it. Ellen (Natalie's mom) was able to snap a picture of Natalie and her Aunt Monica (me) with Tina.
There were some fun moments captured before and after dinner. Here are a couple of the photos:
Ellen and I spending quality "big girl" time together. This shot may be a bit blurry.

Eric with his dog Wally.

Ellen hanging out with my parents:

Natalie, Ellen, and I playing a "Where's Waldo" type game.

The Coveys (Natalie's grandparents) have put up a really, fun tree-swing for Natalie in their front yard. Every time Natalie is up in NC for a visit, she is always swinging on that swing. I love to go out and watch her swing. I remember my tree swing from a little girl, and it's always fun to re-live that experience with her. Jordan's parents wanted to give the swing a try (before it's packed up and moved to Florida), and Ellen got photos of them. These are some great pictures!
Also, Jordan and I asked Ellen (who is not only a great friend, but a TERRIFIC photographer. The girl has talent y'all!) to take our Christmas photo, like she did last year. She took several, and while they were all pretty good, there was one that we fell in love with. Can you guess which one it is? The answer will be revealed in the upcoming Normark Christmas card.
Enjoy!
The Normarks
No comments:
Post a Comment