Saturday, November 22, 2008

Jordan's 28th Birthday!!!!

Hello again everyone and happy birthday to Jordan! Yesterday was Jordan's birthday! Yay!!!! We have been celebrating since Thursday evening, and will continue to celebrate throughout this weekend. Here is what the festivities have included so far:

On Thursday night, we met up with our weekly GRAPES (Greater Raleigh Airplane Pilot Enthusiast Society) group for dinner. This past week's assigned restaurant was "Bob Evan's", and Jordan's parents were nice enough to bring a big, yummy birthday cake from Costco so we could all enjoy Jordan's birthday. The only "sad" part of this night was Jordan had to cut his own birthday cake, because I couldn't get out of my seat without knocking into a whole bunch of people (So sorry babe!). I took a picture of him cutting the cake, but forgot to take a picture of the cake. It's still at our house though...so if you like cake you can swing on by! No problem! Also, on Thursday, our friend Heide brought her grandson Sawyer along to dinner. He is SUCH a cute little boy! I adore him and wanted to take a picture of him. I don't know what it is about brunette boys, but I sure love think they are too cute! I feel like I'm going against my "own kind" when I say that because I am blonde, both Jordan and I were blonde headed babies, and most likely our own children will be blonde....and blonde babies are cute too! For some reason though, the brunette headed babies, just really melt my heart. Sawyer is such a good kid, and I just love his cheesy grin. So sweet. Actually the more I think about it, I look at Sawyer and think how closely he resembles Jordan's baby pictures. Maybe that's it!




On Friday, (Jordan's actual birthday), it snowed in the morning. I took a picture of it falling from the sky in our backyard (Please ignore the leaves). It was pretty. Also, Jordan got a big chocolate chip cookie cake from me (his present from me were tools), which is his favorite type of cake. I put some fast melting candles on the cake and sang Jordan, "Happy Birthday". I love the picture of Jordan by his cake. He's such a goof-ball, but I absolutely LOVE him!







Then later that evening we went out to dinner at Mura (a sushi restaurant at North Hills) with Jordan's parents and our friend/Jordan's partner in crime, Jill. Jordan's parents and Jill had never tried sushi before and it was quite a treat to see them enjoy it (well we aren't too sure that Jordan's dad liked it). Jill surprised all of us by bringing a cookies and cream birthday cake for Jordan from Whole Foods. The cake was fabulous! (By the way, we have 3 birthday cakes at home and we can't possibly eat all of them...so if you would seriously like to swing by this weekend, and eat cake, you are MORE than welcome to!) We all had a great time at Mura last night.

Happy Birthday Jordan!








So all in all, it has so far been a fabulous birthday for Jordan! Tonight I am taking him out to eat, which will be lots of fun. See y'all later!

No comments: