
Easter Brunch with the lovely ladies of GRAPES (and Gary)

Another Easter Brunch photo!
Hey there everyone! So I hate to say it, but we are officially bloggers! That's right. I (Monica) feel like a huge hypocrite, because I have told everyone from here to Timbuktu (sp?) that I would NEVER have a blog due the weirdos on the Internet. Well, things have changed and I realize that this is actually a pretty good way to keep in touch with everyone. I/We will tell you about what we're up to, and YOU can tell us about how YOU and your family are doing!!!! Sounds like fun....doesn't it?!
Anyways, what to tell you about the Normarks. Well, Spring Break is this week, so I (Monica) have off until next Monday, April 7th. This week I will be busy grading, working on report cards, babysitting my parents' dog Brandy until mid-week, shopping, cleaning, and hopefully (keeping fingers crossed) relaxing. On Thursday, April 3rd I have to have a HIDA-scan done on me. That's where they inject me with stuff to see if my gallbladder is working/functioning properly. I have to lay still for 2 hours. At least I get to bring a cd or a dvd of my choice to listen/watch as the procedure is done. My GI doctor told me he wanted me to get one because he thinks my stomach problems are being caused by my gallbladder. Luckily though, I do not have gallstones. That was ruled out in early January, after I had an ultrasound done. Woo-hoo!!!!
Jordan's stomach/digestive problem(s) seem to be slowly going away. (Keeping fingers and toes crossed) He's on a couple of medications, which are working, and he is gaining weight again. That's a great thing because he was getting too skinny! I was very worried about him, as was everyone else that saw him on a day to day basis. Basically our little family is keeping the GI doctor and business alive and well. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
Last weekend, was Easter. I had Good Friday off, and we spent the evening with my parents and even went to Good Friday services with them. I was impressed my dad and Jordan went. It made me super happy!!!! Also, Jordan was extremely sweet to me that evening. He knew that I had given up soda for Lent, and after we got home from church, he went to Wal-Mart and bought me a can of Mountain Dew. When he got home, he surprised me with it. I saved it for Easter Sunday (because I couldn't drink the soda until Easter) and that was my first soda. It was super fun to drink because it was from my husband and he supported me through my 40 day soda cravings. Anyways, back to Easter. We spent Easter Sunday with both families and with our friends from GRAPES (Greater Raleigh Airplane Pilot Enthusiast Society...I think that's what GRAPES stands for.) All the women were to wear Easter bonnets. Well I thought they meant "bonnets" as in the hats that farm girls used to wear when they were out in the field. Not hats!!!! So I wore bunny ears instead, but when I got to our friend's house to celebrate Easter, I saw every woman in a hat. Ooops! Oh well, maybe I'll get it right next year.
Anyways....let us know how you are doing. We'll write more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment