Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lizzie's Baptism and Pink Eye!!

Elizabeth turned 8 months old this past Tuesday (March 22nd). It's hard to believe our girl is 8 months old. She really loves paper (as you can tell).



Elizabeth Marie gets Baptized!


Last Sunday (March 20th)- I woke up with pink eye and Lizzie got baptized at our church in Raleigh (Grace Lutheran).


Here is a photo of the cake I made for our sweet girl. No, she didn't get to eat any. We're saving her "first sugar" for her first birthday. Yes, we are being that picky as parents!




The baptismal font that the pastor used to baptize Lizzie is brand new. A church member made it (the shell was on the old baptismal font though). Also, a very nice lady from the church made Lizzie this banner for her baptism! So sweet! Doesn't it look great?!

A close-up of the banner.

A picture of our little family at the altar. Yes, I am wearing shades to cover up my disgusting eye, as well as prevent Lizzie from putting her little fingers on my contagious eye. Later on that evening, the pink eye attacked both of my eyes. It was NOT fun!



Lizzie is in love with jewelry! She obviously gets that from her Grancy. She is particularly fond of my blue glass necklace. She will grab at it and put it in her mouth (yes, I watch her to make sure she doesn't swallow it). On this picture, you can see her laughing that she has my necklace. She's mostly laughing, because I try really hard to prevent her from placing it in her mouth.

Us by the baptismal font. By the way, Lizzie's baptism gown was made by my mom's mom (my granny) for my brother- who happens to be Lizzie's sponsor (aka godfather). My baptism dress (which was made by my dad's mom) was too small for Lizzie, so we were happy to see that my brother's gown fit her. It actually is more fitting that she wore his, since he is her godfather/sponsor.



A picture of my parents, Jordan's parents, and us by the baptismal font. Brian just started a new job and couldn't make it- but that's completely ok. We knew he was there in spirit. By the way, Jordan, Lizzie, and I happened to join the church the same day that Lizzie was baptized- so all in all, it was a special day for our little family. Of course, I could have done without the pink eye!




Happy March!

No comments: