Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's Starting to Come Together....

The granite tile, that we ordered from Lowes, finally came in (our back splash had arrived days ago) and Jordan has started working on improving our kitchen. It's really coming together nicely. Yesterday, he took the sink out to work on the East side of the kitchen. It is weird not being able to use a sink. I have to use the guest bathroom to get water. Luckily I clean the bathrooms very often, so I'm not grossed out.

I always like seeing the work that people put into redecorating their homes, so yes these pictures are mainly for us, to put in our photo album, to remind us of what the before and after pictures looked like. We hope you find them a tad interesting yourselves.

Jordan put the tile on the West side of the kitchen, the other night. It's starting to look really good.




Yesterday, Jordan cleared off the East side of the kitchen, and this is the picture of it before he took the sink out and started laying down tile.



This is what it looked like when he got done laying down the tile. :)



Everyone knows that with demolition, comes mess. If you decide to come over anytime soon, please do NOT look at our floors. Many of you already know that it snowed earlier in the week and snow was being tracked in everywhere. I didn't want to clean the floors until all the snow had melted. Well, then our granite came in and Jordan started renovating, which is messy. Particularly, when our little dog thinks it's lots of fun taking the scraps and moving them all throughout the house. Plus, she takes all of her MANY toys out of her toy basket and distributes them throughout the house. Jordan and I are constantly picking up toys. We just chuckle about it though. Anyways, I'm getting off track. Here are pictures of the mess that is on our living room rug. We had to take the kitchen drawers out while Jordan works on the counter tops. Until he gets done, they are staying on our living room rug. FYI: The drawers on our living room rug are what I call our "junk" drawers. They don't hold any eating utensils (those have been put away in our guest room....away from pets).




When Jordan gets done with the kitchen, I will post photos. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: