We're back from an amazing long weekend in Black Mountain, NC with family and friends. Jordan and I went with my mom and her friend, Gloria (my dad was on a business trip in Germany- we really missed him), his mom and dad, and Ida May & Byron Covey. We had SO much fun and I already want to go back and stay a tad bit longer. Y'all this past weekend was FANTASTIC!!!!
Where did we stay, you ask? We stayed at the Arbor House Bed & Breakfast which is right on Lake Tomahawk (sp?). We arrived there Friday, mid-day and stayed until Sunday morning. On Friday afternoon we had lunch in downtown Black Mountain. Then we (us, girls) went shopping (who knows where the boys went), and then we stayed for "Holly Jolly", which is the Christmas celebration that goes on in downtown Black Mountain. On Saturday, us girls, went to Ashville to shop, and the boys went to Ashville too- but only to look at guns. :) The bed & breakfast we stayed at was gorgeous. We had the entire house to ourselves! It was wonderful. I'm already looking forward to going back someday very soon!!!! The view of Lake Tomahawk and the mountains were beautiful. Wow!! What a weekend!
There are probably more photos to come (as our camera's battery decided to die on Friday evening), so we may probably post some more during the week. However, I was able to snap a few photos on Friday day/evening, and here they are:
The Arbor House's sign:
A picture of the house, and then some pictures from the back of the house with a view of the mountains and Lake Tomahawk. Oh so gorgeous!
A few pictures from their Christmas festival, "Holly Jolly". All the stores were open late and each of them had snacks and drinks to nibble on as you shopped. Santa walked around too, and I was able to get a couple of photos of him. If you don't already know, I am a HUGE fan of Santa!!!! I know he's not the true meaning of Christmas, but he's part of my European heritage (sp?), and I figure it's perfectly alright to enjoy him during this time of the year. After all, he is a saint isn't he?!
Here are some photos of all of us, eating at one of the many yummy restaurants at Black Mountain on Friday evening. Such cute photos!


No comments:
Post a Comment